Forum rules - please read before posting.

In game Photocamera

Is it possible to use an AC menu to dynamically crop a screenshot for an in-game photograph?

This is what I am trying to do. Create an in-game camera that can take pictures of whatever the viewfinder is over. Since I want the background to be able to shrink and expand to fit the width of the frame, the background is a separate graphic that uses the same background image script from the foreground problem.

Also, is it possible to combine two images (A picture frame and a cropped screenshotted image) together through a script?

Thanks!

Comments

• Is it possible to use an AC menu to dynamically crop a screenshot for an in-game photograph?

A Graphic element will show the whole supplied texture. The cropping would have to be done through script, and then the result set as the Graphic's texture:

(AC.PlayerMenus.GetElementWithName ("MyMenu", "MyGraphic") as MenuGraphic).SetNormalGraphicTexture (myCroppedTexture);

It is possible to only partially show a portion of a texture with the Drag element, but this involves the player dragging the texture around - see this tutorial. But, it's pretty complicated and I'd recommend using a custom script with Unity UI to handle the panning/cropping.

Also, is it possible to combine two images (A picture frame and a cropped screenshotted image) together through a script?

I expect so, but this isn't a question for AC - the Unity forums may have sample scripts to demo this.