Forum rules - please read before posting.

Change Adventure Creator's Text Delimiter?

I've tried importing a CSV file with text edits for translation, and the imported text gets a lot of " and ' in random places.

I'm using OpenOffice and these settings to edit the text:
https://imgur.com/a/q3asHor

What I've found out, is that when I set Text Delimiter in OpenOffice to ' then it's all fine (and that's how I was editing the text), but if I set it to ", then I get the same results as when importing the CSV to AC (lot's of random " and ').

I'm guessing this means that Adventure Creator must be using " as it's text delimiter, or there's something else that I'm missing. That's the only correlation between the two programs that I found, and I'm not sure what else could be causing the problem. Is there any way to fix this?

Comments

• AC doesn't rely on a text delimiter - only a pipe (|) character between fields.

In the OpenOffice importer, try checking "Merge delimiters" and setting both the separator and the Text delimeter to a pipe character.

• I've merged the two together in OpenOffice importer, unfortunately, it still adds all the characters it shouldn't.

I'm guessing I will need to use these settings and then fix everything by hand in the document? That way it should work fine in Unity?

• You shouldn't have to resort to that - I never had to using OpenOffice - but it may be worth testing that with one or two lines just to confirm this is indeed the issue.

This may be more of an issue with OpenOffice. If shouldn't be adding characters that you don't tell it to.

• Finally figured it out! It was indeed a problem with the way I've set up OpenOffice - I've set the text delimiter to ' but since the text didn't actually use it as delimiter, it added them to the file.

When importing the CSV, the Text delimiter had a drop-down menu which implied you have to either choose ' or ''. I didn't realise you can just delete the field to keep it empty and that's what fixed it! Such a silly mistake!