Forum rules - please read before posting.

Custom video skip

edited August 2019 in Technical Q&A

Hi,

I can skip video (played by video player) myself with the Stop() function, but this won't make an ActionList to continue (wait until finish?) this will not mark the video as finished.

Question: How do I let the ActionList know the video is finished?

Reason: When video is not fullscreen but in scene with Material Override mode, a sprite used as rendered will be displayed as white when video is finished or skipped.
- When video is finished the sprite can be hidden via video player event.
- When video is skipped the sprite will remain visible for a short period of time before my code gets to run (checking Input.GetButtonUp) this will make a flicker effect.

I'm also thinking about having an option to skip video only when the skip button is being hold for a specific time, so I'm looking for a way to make custom skip work with ActionList - wait until finished? option.

Does anyone has some experiences with that?
Thanks!

Edit: I've probably answered my own question and can't delete this post. Perhaps others can benefit.

using

videoPlayer.time = videoPlayer.clip.length;

instead of

videoPlayer.Stop()

seems to do the trick (even though there's a few ms pause which is not present with regular skip)