Forum rules - please read before posting.

skip "dialogue: play speech" with mouse click doesnt skip mouth animation

Hello!

I have skip speech with mouse click on, sound and subtitles both are skipped - but mouth animation is not and is still playing. Can this be solved somehow?

Also, when I use "player line" checkbox in dialogue: play speech both head anim/mouth anim inputs dissapear. ( not so big deal as I can just put there speaker manually )

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• animation is not and is still playing.

What are your Unity and AC version numbers, and what animation engine does your character use?

both head anim/mouth anim inputs dissapear

The fields in the Dialogue: Play speech Action will update according to the animation engine of the chosen character. When you check Player line?, it will rely on the game's default Player prefab to determine what fields to show.

• Hey Chris,
    My unity version is 2017.4.20f1
    AC is v 1.66.1
    Animations are premade for each line - I use layer 2 for mouth animation and call it with dialogue:play speech by name of animation.

I use mecanim.

• Im gonna try to update AC to latest.

• same with 1.68.4

• AC can't control playback of the mouth animation once it's been triggered, but you can use transitions to stop it from playing.

If you haven't already, define an "Is Talking bool" parameter in both the AC's Player Inspector and their Animator Controller.

Once set, this parameter will be True when talking, and False otherwise - and should respect the skipping of speech text.

In "Layer 2" of your controller, then add an empty "default" animation, and create a transition from "Any state" to this one when "Is Talking" is set to False. That will cause your mouth animation to get interrupted when skipping the speech.

• Thanks Chris!