Forum rules - please read before posting.

Change speed as character exits

I'd like to have the player character walk out of certain scenes more slowly in certain cases where he is walking into the distance. The only way I have found to do so is using Characer: Animate in an ActionList, which is fine except that I cannot find a way to control that speed with a parameter. I have tried creating a float, int, etc, and nothing will allow me to tie that parameter with the "New Speed" field. I can just always use a static reduced speed, but it would be great to be able to set that each time I use the ActionList asset in a scene. I'm also wondering if there's a way to use a variable for "New Speed", instead of a rigid numeric value? Thanks.

Comments

• You're referring to ActionList parameters? The "New speed" field doesn't support parameters, but I shall provide this in the next release - thanks for the alert.

This is for a 2D character? Sorting Maps reduce the speed of a character based on scale automatically.

• That's great, I didn't realize the sorting map took care of that.