Forum rules - please read before posting.

Feature request: Use Conversation Labels in Speech in Override Dialogue Options

When doing dialogues, I use the override option to have more control over character animations etc. But when overriding the options and adding a speech action, I have to re-write the same dialogue lines to let the player say them. It would be awesome to have an option to use the same line from the conversation in speech actions, so that when dialogues change/are rewritten, the speech would automatically change as well.

Comments

• I understand the situation, and indeed this has been covered before. However, with speech Actions also handling translation, audio, animation duties etc, there's a lot more information there than simply the displayed text itself.

However, I wonder if it would be possible to provide a text token that allows for retrieval of gathered text from the Speech Manager, so that you could reference a speech line's ID within the Conversation labels. Can't promise, but I will give it some thought at least.

• No stress, Chris. But referencing speech line IDs sounds like a great idea and could be very useful for making a "library" of speech that can be used all over the place :)