Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Feat.Request] Exposing ActionListStarter parameters and fields (scripting)

The ActionListStarter class is pretty useful to trigger any actionlist with some ease.

Yet, in the current state, it's basically a visual component completely sealed on the scripting side.

Would be nice, via scripting, to:

• Set Pararameters
  • Change actionlist source type
  • Change actionlist
  • Stop, Pause, Resume and Kill methods
  • Create an ActionListStarter with parameters at runtime

Comments

• Any of those can be done in a separate script, but setting parameter values in the way this class does is so complex I wouldn't recommend trying to manipulate those directly. Better to just modify your ActionLists parameters List.

• Any of those can be done in a separate script

Could you please add such scripts to the class? That's the actual request. Since it only has about a single (maybe 2) methods, there's plenty of room to add basic functionalities.

Personally I changed a few fields from private to protected internal... but altering the base class is not a good practice.
    And, copypasting a class to extend it isn't either, since it won't be receiving any update or changes you could apply to the base class.

Yet, I can't use inheritance since the class is basically sealed and interesting members are private, with no chance to override any method.

Better to just modify your ActionLists parameters List.

Yes, but I should use the inspector, I'm trying to use the class using C# code.

But, probably this class is just a visual aid by design.
    I'm going to make a different request then (coding related).

• My bad, I didn't realise ActionList and ActionListAsset actually had a Run (Interact) method. Which is basically what I was doing, but passing through an ActionListStarter method and calling its RunAllActions method.

Apologies, what I was requesting was already there ;)

(yet, using an ActionListStarter could be useful to call an action with parameters, via code)