Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Bug?] Draggable with hinge track set to initial position=0 sets isKinematic to true

edited August 2019 in Engine development

Steps:

1 - Create a Draggable
2 - Create a Hinge Track
3 - Assign the track to the Draggable

Result:
You can't interact with the draggable because initial position is set to 0 and this makes AC set the RigidBody isKinematic flag to true

Expected:
This is not required nor requested/expected. I want full control on the isKinematic flag.

Workaround:
set initial position to a very small value.

If this is by design, I can't understand the reason.

Comments

• edited August 2019

I cannot recall the reason, but it is by design. I shall see if it still necessary.

• edited August 2019

I cannot recall the reason, but it is by design. I shall see if it still necessary.

woa. I was getting crazy, I really had no idea about the reason sometimes the RB was set to kinematic, other times identical puzzles with different track pos weren't.

I should correct the above post: if you set the track amount to anything smaller than 0,001 (or 0,0001? can't remember anymore), it still triggers that behaviour.

From an external point of view of a newbie AC user like myself, I really couldn't explain it. Quite some debugging time later, it felt more like a workaround for something else, I don't know.

• I shall make it optional.

• To maintain backward compatibility I guess :)
    Just curious: are there any clues about the reasons such behaviour was there?