Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspot Name Text not showing

SO im having two issues and i cant figure it out.

The first issue is my hotspots arent showing the names of the hotspot.

Sometimes when it does show the name of hotspot, it doesnt update the name to the right hotspot name. IT just shows HOTSPOT.

I dont know why it's happening.

i'm using the life is strange style interactions.

Comments

• edited August 2019

You will need to share more detail - there's no set standard way for "life is strange style interactions", so I need to know exactly how your game is set up.

Please share your AC and Unity version numbers, screenshots of the issue, your Settings Manager, Hotspot menu's properties and UI Canvas prefab (if you're using Unity UI to render it).

If you are using Unity UI to draw the menu, temporarily set its Source property to Adventure Creator. Does the correct Hotspot name then show?

• edited August 2019

I'm using Unity 2019.2, the latest version.

Im using AC 1.68.4

These are my settings.

I did some testing,I switched back to the demo manager package using mouse and keyboard controls using player vicinity and it works fine like this. When I'm using my own manager package when i switch to mouse and keyboard and it works fine.

https://i.imgur.com/5e2a1f5.mp4

These are the settings for the duplicated demo settings.

It shows hotspot names when I use mouse to hover over the hotspot the hotspot but whenever i switch to keyboard and controller it doesn't show the hotspot names.

I switch to keyboard and controller and it stops working.

I think keyboard and controller might be the issue.

• Try setting the Hotspots in vicinity field to Nearest Only.