Forum rules - please read before posting.

Changing facial expression with Salsa shape groups?

As the title says, Im having trouble changing facial expressions with Salsa with Randomeyes shape groups.
I can create a group with a new expression and preview it and I can see the change in the expression in the model:

Capture-Face-True

When I run the game, if the PREVIEW is active in the Salsa properties windo, the character retains the expression, but if I turn the preview off, he loses the expression.

Capture-Scared

Capture-Face-False

I try to turn the preview off and call the expression with the third party support action re3D_SetGroup, but this doesn't seem to do anything.

I have also tried to leave the preview setting on and use re3D_SetGroup to change the expression and that doesn't work either.

Capture-Salsa

Can someone help?

Comments

• If it helps, the lip syncing and random eye movement are working fine, so Salsa and Randomeyes IS recognizing my Fuse built characters.

• Not sure what's AC-related here. Unless you've referenced the same Blendshapes in the character's Player/NPC Inspector, then AC won't be controlling it - in which case it's likely the issue is related to Salsa only.

• I assume the AC related issue is the third party actionlist command to call the expression, since that is unique to AC. I thought you might have insight into why that might not be working.
  • The "Third Party: Re3D_SetGroup" Action in your screenshot is not part of AC, but a custom Action - I don't know where it came from.

• It came from CrazyMinnow as part of the Salsa with Randomeyes AC integration package. I assumed you had a part in that. :p