Forum rules - please read before posting.

Pathfinding error!

When I click to walk with my character, sometimes the character go out of navmesh polygon collider, and this message is displayed on console: Pathfinding error - cannot build spanning tree from (-4.1, -3.9) to (-3.8, -6.9), with diferentes coordinates, I need some help about what is this error and how to fix it. I could not find any discussion about this. I need to fix this urgently because my project have deadline. Thanks!

Comments

• edited July 2019

Welcome to the community, @LeoVC. What are your AC and Unity version numbers?

The co-ordinates being printed are the player's current position, and the target position, respectively.

It's not possible to say why this error is showing without seeing the scene in question. Does this error occur if you run the scene with the 2D Demo's Managers loaded?

I will need to examine the scene. Create a .unitypackage of your scene file, and 8 Manager asset files, and PM it to me - I'll have a look.

• Adventure Creator version 1.68.3 and Unity 2019.1.0f2, I will create the package. One moment.

• This sometimes happen to me too, (perhaps related to changing the player's parent objects on scene enter) - anyone managed to pinpoint what it was?

• If anyone else is having this problem, it looks like I was able to fix this by explicitly setting the scenes navmesh to the one that should be used through a ActionNavMesh action.