Forum rules - please read before posting.

Issues editing Collider component

edited July 2019 in Technical Q&A

I have a rectangular hotspot which has a 2D Box Collider component. I want to add a 2D Polygon Collider (and remove the box collider) to cover a more complex shape with the hotspot.

On adding the Polygon Collider, the Box and Polygon Colliders in the Scene view both appear skeletal, showing edges only - (the box collider having lost its solid yellow appearance).

When I click the Edit Collider button on either component, the button depresses but nothing else changes. No verticies appear on either collider in the Scene view and so I cannot resize the shapes.

I have also tried pressing the Edit Collider button on each component after removing the other, but still to no effect.

I have tried adding a collider to a new gameobject, but the results are the same unfortunately.

Any idea how I can get the verticies to show?

Unity 2018.3.6f1
AC v1.66.7

Comments

• The yellow visual will appear only if the Hotspot has a single Box collider - this is just a convenience tool. Only one should be present - remove the Box if you're adding a Polygon Collider.

AC does not override or affect the behaviour of Collider editing in Unity. If there's an issue with editing a collider's vertices, it'll be Unity-related. Does the same occur if you attach such a collider to an empty GameObject?

• I have tried adding a collider to a new gameobject, but the results are the same unfortunately.

• In that case, it certainly is a Unity issue - try searching the Unity forums, it may be that others have had the same experience.

• Okey dokey. Thanks.