Forum rules - please read before posting.

The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!

edited July 2019 in Engine development

Hi,

I'm getting a strange warning when switching scenes. Can't find the source of the problem. I have a player prefab attached in the character settings (no player object in the actual scene)
It's a warning and everything seems to be working just fine.

These are the following warnings:

• The referenced script (AuthSpawnableObject) on this Behaviour is missing!
  • The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'AuthObjPrefab') is missing!
  • The referenced script (UnetPlayerWithGetCurrentRTTCallScript) on this Behaviour is missing!
    (and bunch of more forms)

Attached text:
UnityEngine.Resources:LoadAll(String, Type)
AC.LevelStorage:UnloadTransformData(List`1, SubScene) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/LevelStorage.cs:445)
AC.LevelStorage:SendDataToScene(SingleLevelData, Boolean, SubScene) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/LevelStorage.cs:177)
AC.LevelStorage:ReturnCurrentLevelData(Boolean) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/LevelStorage.cs:79)
AC.SceneSettings:OnStart() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/SceneSettings.cs:129)
AC.MultiSceneChecker:Start() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/MultiSceneChecker.cs:72)

Seems to be connected to HLAPI, which I'm not using whatsoever (at least I don't know about it). Any idea what went wrong? Thanks.

Unity: 2019.1.9f1
AC: 1.68.3

Comments

• This is a standard Unity error that will pop up if it references a GameObject with components/scripts that have since been deleted.

It's showing when switching scenes because AC searches your project's Resources folder(s) for saved asset references - in this case, it's looking for objects that may need to be spawned into the scene.

Somewhere in your project (Asset folder, or perhaps your Library folder if HLAPI is a Package), there's a GameObject named "AuthObjPrefab" with missing components. While you should try to find it and make corrections, you can also prevent AC from searching all files in all Resources folders by using the SaveableData folder method - see the Manual's "Performance and optimisation" chapter for more.

• Thanks for the info, Chris. I thought it was connected directly do AC.

Unfortunately I was unable to find the source of the problem, so I've decided start from scratch and start a new project and the poblem went away.

I was at the very beginning of the Unity development so it was still a reasonable option. The issue itself was probably caused by updating Unity as I created the project a year ago but only now started to working on it.