Forum rules - please read before posting.

Bug with "Overlay current screen during switch"

I just updated to AC 1.68.3 and am running into what seems to be a bug when using "Overlay current screen during switch" when running the scene switch action. The screen does overlay the last frame during the scene switch, however that last frame gets really bright for a second or two before changing to the next scene. On previous versions of AC the last frame didn't get brighter. I tried this out in the 3d demo scene as well changing into an empty scene and ran into the same issue. Would be nice to have that seamless transition back :)

Thanks

Comments

• I have the same problem although it doesn't occur on the build.

• Does it occur in builds for you, @jasong? What AC version were you using before, and in what version of Unity?

Can you describe the issue a little more? Bright as in white, or the correct image just lighter? A screenshot would be helpful if it's possible.

• edited July 2019

Ok, did another test on this. I recently updated my Unity to 2018.4 LTS and was on AC 1.68.2, now on 1.68.3, and this is where I ran into the bug. I can't say for sure if this happens in the builds, I'm having to revert back to Unity 2018.1.9 since 2018.4 broke one of my plugins and I don't have time to fix it right now. However, after reverting back to 2018.1.9 and updating to AC 1.68.3 I don't see the bug in editor or in the build.

The screenshot below shows what happens (captured this from the editor in 2018.4). On the right shows the brighten bug, left screenshot is normal.

Just a wild guess, but I wonder if this might have something to do with sRGB not applying when using Linear color space?

• edited July 2019

And here's mine, looks identical but with 2d.
    Unity 2019.1.9f1
    AC 1.68.3

I seem to remember it starting when I first added Unity's post-process stack, but I've since deleted that and it's still there.

https://ibb.co/t3RTzfZ

(The image url box still doesn't seem to be working for me)

• Thanks - these are both clearly the same problem.

When you opt to "overlay the current scene over the switch", AC takes a screenshot and displays it full-screen during the transition. I suspect @jasong is quite right that this is related to color-space - though it may be caused by Unity, given that it only seems to occur in 2018.4 or newer.

I will investigate.

• Recreated, but so far unsure if this is an issue with Unity or not, since creating a texture in linear space seemingly has no effect.

If either of you would like to look into this as well, AC takes the screenshot texture in the MainCamera script's ExitSceneWithOverlay function.

• edited September 2019

I looked into this again, and couldn't find a solution for the editor, but it doesn't really matter to me since the bug doesn't carry over into the build. Thanks.