Forum rules - please read before posting.

Ability to set parameters when assigning action lists to inventory items

When assigning action list for the standard interactions for inventory items, it would be great if we could also specify the parameters for said action list.

This would clean up a lot of duplication in my action lists used for examining inventory items.

Thanks!

Comments

• I feel this would add too much clutter to the UI to have it be part of the Inventory Manager.

However, the current release now includes the new SetParametersBase class, which provides functions to set parameters in bulk when a particular ActionList is run.

The provided "Set Interaction Parameters" component makes use of this to allow you to set all parameter values when a Hotspot interaction is run. A similar script could be written to do something for inventory items.

However, this would require the OnInventoryInteract event (which would be used to set the parameter values) to run before the actual ActionList. I shall first have to look into whether this would be a viable change, and incorporate into the next release if so.