Forum rules - please read before posting.

Conversation UI Prefab - Hook for return to conversation state?

Hi! Me again :)

I've customized the conversation UI Prefab to be in a dialogue wheel style. This is the structure of the game objects (there are 3):

BtnOption1
--IconImage1
--TxtOption1

That repeats 4 times so 4 options total. When the player hovers over an option we see the icon in the middle of the wheel.

Now, the issue I have is that I want the text to highlight when the button is highlighted. Currently I have a custom script that does this - it is attached to the button and uses the IsSelected event to change the text color. But when I select it and the dialogue response plays and returns me to the convo root, it's still highlighted , but the first option is actually selected, making it seem like two options are selected.

Is there a better approach to this? I'm using a controller as well - OnPointerEnter doesn't seem to like controllers.

Thanks!

Comments

• Highlighting the text shouldn't need custom scripting - you can set your Button's Transition field to Animation to control both the icon and text display simultaneously. This is a Unity UI workflow, however, not one specific to AC.

• Ah...yes got it working. That was super easy. Thanks - sorry for the non-AC relevancy of the question! :)