Forum rules - please read before posting.

AC Menu Elements - Draw calls, atlas possbility?

edited October 2014 in Engine development
Hello,

Still working my head around all the power AC has to provide, just curious does each button, etc call for 1 draw call? or are all the menus done into 1 atlas ?

if not, how can we make it into 1 atlas for 1 draw call per all menus, is this possible yet with AC?

Thanks 

Comments

• It isn't 1 atlas, but it is 1 draw call.  Again, I'd wait to see what the Unity UI brings to the table - atlas-packing is beyond my abilities, I'm afraid.
  • Okay thanks a lot,

so for temporarily I would have a different type of GUI from a 3rd party tool, how can I make sure when those buttons are on and clicked/touched that the player does not try to "walk" to that destination as it is a button and it should not register a movement.

• The script that handles player movement / hotspot interaction basically checks to see if the cursor is over a menu before doing anything.  I'd recommend creating an "empty" menu of the same size as your 3rd-party tool that's active at the same time - this'll "fool" the player scripts into thinking an AC menu is being clicked on.