Forum rules - please read before posting.

Latest Update moving folder to different location

Hello,

I just updated to the latest version with ease, this however caught my attention:

-Added: Ability to move the whole AdventureCreator directory into a Plugins subfolder for faster compilation times

So I moved it to my Standard Assets folder, unfortunately now I get errors (I do use TMPro so I have TextMeshProIsPresent;)

I get many errors as a result:

Assets/Standard Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuButton.cs(89,11): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `TMPro' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Standard Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuCycle.cs(70,11): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `TMPro' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Standard Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuInteraction.cs(53,11): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `TMPro' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

and so on,

Am I doing something wrong or?

Comments

• I suspect this is less of an AC-issue, but more of a "quirk" with Unity. The error messages you're getting suggest that scripts in a Standard Assets folder are not able to access those outside it. If so, this would be Unity's behaviour.

• Do you by chance know of any work around on that?

• Either move TextMeshPro to Standard Assets, or move AC out of it.

• I tried it seemed to work but then I get other weird ones such as:

Cannot find GUISkin asset file 'Assets/AdventureCreator/Graphics/Skins/ACNodeSkin.guiskin'

-> AC debug logger
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object, Object)
    AC.ACDebug:LogWarning(Object, Object) (at Assets/Standard Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/ACDebug.cs:25)
    AC.Resource:get_NodeSkin() (at Assets/Standard Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/Resource.cs:108)
    AC.CustomStyles:get_IconSave() (at Assets/Standard Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/CustomGUILayout.cs:365)
    AC.HierarchyIcons:HierarchyItemCB(Int32, Rect) (at Assets/Standard Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/HierarchyIcons.cs:85)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    AC.CustomStyles.get_IconSave () (at Assets/Standard Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/CustomGUILayout.cs:365)
    AC.HierarchyIcons.HierarchyItemCB (Int32 instanceID, Rect selectionRect) (at Assets/Standard Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/HierarchyIcons.cs:85)
    UnityEditor.SceneHierarchyWindow.OnGUIAssetCallback (Int32 instanceID, Rect rect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneHierarchyWindow.cs:452)
    UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.DoItemGUI (UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewItem item, Int32 row, Single rowWidth, Boolean hasFocus) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewController.cs:469)
    UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.IterateVisibleItems (Int32 firstRow, Int32 numVisibleRows, Single rowWidth, Boolean hasFocus) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewController.cs:620)
    UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.OnGUI (Rect rect, Int32 keyboardControlID) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewController.cs:551)
    UnityEditor.SceneHierarchyWindow.DoTreeView (Single searchPathHeight) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneHierarchyWindow.cs:576)
    UnityEditor.SceneHierarchyWindow.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneHierarchyWindow.cs:402)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:295)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:288)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (Rect onGUIPosition) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:255)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    AC.CustomStyles.get_IconSave () (at Assets/Standard Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/CustomGUILayout.cs:365)
    AC.HierarchyIcons.HierarchyItemCB (Int32 instanceID, Rect selectionRect) (at Assets/Standard Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/HierarchyIcons.cs:85)
    UnityEditor.SceneHierarchyWindow.OnGUIAssetCallback (Int32 instanceID, Rect rect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneHierarchyWindow.cs:452)
    UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.DoItemGUI (UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewItem item, Int32 row, Single rowWidth, Boolean hasFocus) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewController.cs:469)
    UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.IterateVisibleItems (Int32 firstRow, Int32 numVisibleRows, Single rowWidth, Boolean hasFocus) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewController.cs:620)
    UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.OnGUI (Rect rect, Int32 keyboardControlID) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewController.cs:551)
    UnityEditor.SceneHierarchyWindow.DoTreeView (Single searchPathHeight) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneHierarchyWindow.cs:576)
    UnityEditor.SceneHierarchyWindow.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneHierarchyWindow.cs:402)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:295)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:288)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (Rect onGUIPosition) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:255)

I'll just revert them back xD

Thanks for your help Chris

• If you move your AC folder, you need to also update the Resources.cs script's mainFolderPath variable, which should be set to the directory you've put it in, relative to "Assets/".

The change made in v1.68 was specifically for the use of "Plugins" folders, where both /Assets/"mainFolderPath" and /Assets/Plugins/"mainFolderPath" are valid.