Forum rules - please read before posting.

Feature request. Action List: stop pasted Nodes being auto linked with other nodes.

This is a bugbear for me. I am often copying and pasting nodes from one action list to another and sometimes they are being automatically linked with nodes already present in the destination action list. I don't think I have ever been in a situation where I have wanted them linked with those nodes, so I am often having to unlink every time.

It's a small thing but something which adds up over many incidencies.

Comments

• Which way around? The pasted nodes are connecting to existing ones, or existing ones are connected to the pasted?

Please share steps to recreate the exact problem.

• I'll write it exactly next time it happens.

• Ok, just happened:

I have an Action List where I control what happens when a Value is selected in a certain pop-up switch. Variable:Pop-up Switch. This has outputs linked to functional nodes for each Value.
    As i continue making the game I add Values to this pop up switch.
    After adding a new Value, in the said Action List the output for that new Value automatically links to the node attached to the first Output.

I do not want it to link there as I will be making its own node with it's own function. See picture.

https://imgur.com/dArfnU3

• edited June 2019

Thank you, I will look into it.

Separately, are you just using this switch to control the same Animator Controller? It may be more efficient to have the variable update a parameter in that Animator, if so.

• The switch changes the parameter Value in the same Animator. Is that what you're suggesting?

• Yes - so long as the parameter value matches the popup's value.

You can't use the Object: Animate Action to pass a variable's value to an Animator parameter directly, but you can do it by via an ActionList parameter.

Create a new "Integer" parameter in your ActionList, and add an ActionList: Set parameter Action. Check Change own?, select the Integer parameter, set the New value is to Copied From Global Variable, and then select your PopUp variable.

Then, follow this with single Object: Animate Action to update your Animator parameter. If this is also an Integer, you'll be able to set it to the ActionList parameter's value, which would have just been set to match the variable.

• Oh that sounds great. Will try that in the future. I'm too far in to change all that now for this game.