Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspot change interaction problem

Hi! I am back earlier than I'd like to, but here it goes.

I have a locked door that will become an exit when unlocked. I have an icon that indicates an exit (an arrow), which shows up when hoovering over a hotspot. In this case, the arrow will only show after the door is unlocked. I created a variable to check when the door is unlocked, and in the action list I set my variable to true when the door is open, etc. (I believe I have it all the way it should be).

Both actions are enabled since the begining, however, when disabling the first action, the second action doesn't take over unless I click the hotspot again. Instead, it should just automatically become an exit.

As before, a video with the actionlist of both actions (before and after unlocking door):

Thanks again!

Comments

• You're disabling your "Use" interaction as part of the "Use interaction" ActionList. Move your Hotspot: Change interation Action to the Inventory interaction that runs when you use the keys on the door.

Since the effect of unlocking the door is essentially just disabling the first use interaction on the Hotspot (at least so far as you've shown), you may actually be able to do without the variable as well. If you need to check if the door has been unlocked, a Hotspot: Check interaction can be used to determine if this Use interaction is enabled or not.

• Thanks! No need to variable in deed!