Forum rules - please read before posting.

Animating a hotspot on interaction

Hi!

I have been trying to find a solution for this, but i just can't get it to work the way I want. I have a bed I want my character to tidy up. It should run a very simple animation (only 3 sprites) and then stay in the final frame for the rest of the game. I made a mess of an actionlist, which is the only way I found to make the animation run as it should, but leaving the room will revert the bed to its original sprite.

Here is a video with captures of the action list for the animation and the animator for the bed:

Am I missing something or is this more complicated than it looks like?

Thanks!

Comments

• The ActionList looks fine (though could potentially be simplified a little), but in order to save the state of an object you need to attach an appropriate Remember component - see the Manual's "Saving scene objects" chapter.

To save the state of the bed sprite's Animator, attach the Remember Animator component to it - that should result in the animation state it was in when leaving the scene to resume upon re-entering.

So far as simpliation goes, you can transition from Bed_Anim to Bed_idle directly within your Animator - no need to use a second Object: Animate Action. You could then check Wait until finish? on the first one, and remove the Engine: Wait that follows.

• Hi Chris, and thanks for the quick response!

I had auto-add save components, so I thought that was done. I did it manually and it works well now.

As per the action list, done! The problem was, some how I made Bed_Anim last 2 seconds and didn't notice, and that made the transition too long.

Thanks for your help. You are the best!