Forum rules - please read before posting.

Cannot play custom animation in 1.67

edited May 2019 in Technical Q&A

After updating to AC 1.67.5 I can't run custom animation on characters via Character::Animate.
Walk animations work fine but not custom call.

Got that warning:

Game object with animator is inactive
UnityEngine.Animator:CrossFade(String, Single, Int32)
Specialbit.AnimEngine_SpineAnimator:ActionCharAnimRun(ActionCharAnim) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Animation/AnimEngine_SpineAnimator.cs:263)
AC.ActionCharAnim:Run() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionCharAnim.cs:107)
AC.d33:MoveNext() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:364)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(String, Object)
AC.ActionList:ProcessAction(Int32) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:314)
AC.ActionList:ProcessActionEnd(ActionEnd, Int32, Boolean) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:546)
AC.ActionList:EndAction(Action) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:464)
AC.d33:MoveNext() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:433)
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

and

Animator is not playing an AnimatorController
UnityEngine.Animator:GetCurrentAnimatorStateInfo(Int32)
Specialbit.AnimEngine_SpineAnimator:ActionCharAnimRun(ActionCharAnim) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Animation/AnimEngine_SpineAnimator.cs:356)
AC.ActionCharAnim:Run() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionCharAnim.cs:107)
AC.d__33:MoveNext() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:422)

Comments

• You're using a custom animation engine - there are scripts mentioned in the warnings that aren't part of AC's official codebase.

The warnings themselves are coming from Unity - whatever the code is doing, it's attempting to play animations on a disabled GameObject, which is something that Unity's won't allow.

An official Spine integration can be found on the AC wiki.

• The thing is that everything worked fine before latest release (works great on 1.66). Maybe something in this area was changed in latest update?

• edited May 2019

I can't debug a custom script I haven't seen. You updated only AC and not Spine/Unity?

I can't see anything that might be related in the Changelog's "Upgrade notes" for the relevant updates, but again - the warnings are from Unity. Regardless of AC version, animating a disabled GameObject is going to give an error. I would recommend checking the custom script to see why it's trying to animate a disabled GameObject, and why that object is disabled.