Forum rules - please read before posting.

Independent language selection for voice over and subtitles

Hi
When changing the language, an Asset bundle with sound speech for this language is automatically loaded, but I would like to be able to control this.
For example, I want to select English voice over, but subtitles in local language(german,french,etc). Can you add this feature?

Comments

• edited May 2019

So that an Options menu could separate "Voice language" from "Subtitle language"?

Interesting idea, though I can't say yet how viable that would be. I'll give it some consideration.

However, it is already possible to assign your own asset bundle with:

AC.KickStarter.runtimeLanguages.CurrentAudioAssetBundle = myAssetBundle;

• It could be very useful.
    I'll give you our own example.
    We are going to translate texts to some languages. Make text translation is ok (from financial point) but we can't afford voice-over for every language. I guess, you could see a lot of old/new games with English voice but different languages in texts. That's why using one voice bundle could be extremely useful.

• It's already possible to just have speech audio in one language: the 3D Demo is like this. Checking Use original language audio if none found? causes the original language's speech audio to be used if no translated audio files are present.

Having the ability to customise the "combination" of audio vs text language, however, I do like the idea of. I will look to introduce this in the next release.