Forum rules - please read before posting.

2.5 D Setup is not working 2017.4.26f1

Hi I am new to AC - I tried to do the 2.5D tutorial and a NullReferenceException came up by creating either a 2.5 camera or a background image or anything in this creation container panel. All creator panels below the top are working fine. in the scene editor.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiOiprWEULQ1gvBcilNx-K9xsrN6Nw

Kindly

Rog!

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @rogerteddy. Apologies for the trouble so early on for you.

I cannot reproduce such a problem in Unity 2017.4.26f1 - nor has something like this been reported elsewhere. It may be that - for whatever reason - this is an issue unique to your project.

If the other prefab types (e.g. Hotspot, Cutscene) can be added succesfully, then it may be that AC is having trouble finding the 2.5D prefabs. The "GameCamera 2.5D" prefab, for example, should be present in /Assets/AdventureCreator/Prefabs/Camera/GameCamera25D. Is this not the case?

If it's not there, try searching for it via the top of the Project window. There may have been an issue when importing AC into your project. If it is, are you able to drag/drop the prefab into the scene's Hierarchy manually?

It may be worth trying again with a fresh project.

• I am still not able to do it, Unity says, that the camera2.5d prefab might be broken.

see image https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiOiprWEULQ1gvBdewHiJ0hm4ujrXg

Best

roger

• edited May 2019

The project is completely clean and fresh - nothing unique here :-)

• Still, it's not something I can reproduce. That the prefab is present, and appears correct in the Inspector, does make it seem like it may be an issue with Unity itself.

What initial settings did you make to your project? Are you making use of e.g. Unity Collab? Your Project window does look different to mine: I can't show an "expanded" view of prefabs that have no children, whereas yours shows Transform, scripts, etc.

The error message you're getting has been reported on the Unity forums here. Try following the suggestion there of right-clicking the prefab and choosing "Reimport".

Otherwise, it may be worth importing into a newer version of Unity. Be sure to re-download AC if you do - since its contents vary a little depending on the Unity version used.