Forum rules - please read before posting.

Menu Hotkey

I’m sorry if this is a terribly obvious question, but I’ve scoured everywhere and can’t find the answer. I want to make it so that, when you hit tab, the inventory menu comes up. I know how to set a menu to work upon an input, but I don’t know how to actually set which key brings the menu up. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @DaddySwan.

When you set a Menu's Appear type to On Input Key, a new Toggle key field will appear beneath. This field must be set to the name of an input as defined in Unity's Input Manager, which you can access from Edit -> Project settings in the top toolbar.

Note that this refers to the name of the input listed in this window, not the button actually pressed (i.e. tab), so you can create a new input named e.g. "ToggleInventory" that has "tab" set as its "Positive button". You'd then enter "ToggleInventory" into the Toggle key field.

More on Unity's Input Manager can be found here. AC's default Pause menu works similarly - responding to the "Menu" input which is mapped to the Escape key.

• Ah, thank you so much! I really appreciate the thoroughness of the response.