Forum rules - please read before posting.

Getting and Item ID on click to use the item later

Hello , i'm working in a menu that gives me different choices when i click an energy item (example 1), so, i overrided the Use interaction on the items to show the menu ,but now i need to save the last selected item to use it on one of the choices , i though on saving the item ID on click and passing it to the menu button but i can't find a way to store the clicked item ID (after getting the ID i will just select the item again to use it on the game)

Hope my english is good enough , thanks

Example 1: http://prntscr.com/n9mmcw

Comments

• I'm afraid I don't follow your meaning too well, but you can use the OnMenuElementClick event to extract the clicked item's ID:

using UnityEngine;
    using System.Collections;
    using AC;

public class GetItemID : MonoBehaviour
    {

public int itemID;

private void OnEnable ()
        {
            EventManager.OnMenuElementClick += OnClickInventory;
        }

private void OnDisable ()
        {
            EventManager.OnMenuElementClick -= OnClickInventory;
        }

private void OnClickInventory (Menu menu, MenuElement menuElement, int slot, int buttonPressed)
        {
            if (menu.title == "Inventory" && menuElement.title == "InventoryBox")
            {
                MenuInventoryBox inventory = menuElement as MenuInventoryBox;

InvItem clickedItem = inventory.GetItem (slot);
                if (clickedItem != null)
                {
                    itemID = clickedItem.id;
                    Debug.Log ("Clicked on item ID: " + itemID);
                }
            }
        }

}

This is an example C# script named "GetItemID.cs". Add it to an empty GameObject in your scene and update the menu/element names on line 25, then check the Console when clicking on the menu.

• I actually ended up using this code on the button i needed it like this:

if (_element.title.Equals("MyButton"))
    {
    KickStarter.runtimeInventory.lastClickedItem.Select();
    }
    When i click a element in the inventory i appear the Menu and one of them have this code so it uses the last clicked item , but thank you so much anyaways ,i could't figure out if i should add it on a gameobject or add that code on the AC MenuSystem.cs

• Don't put it in MenuSystem - you should use events like the one above to hook custom code into AC, and place them on a new GameObject.

More on events can be found in the Manual's "Custom events" chapter, and a tutorial can be found here.