Forum rules - please read before posting.

Can it be done by A.C?

edited October 2014 in Adventure talk
Dear All, 

Any one can help or advice us with this project? 

We have a 100-200 short educational animations and we have very short time to create them.

We already have the following Ready:
1- Library of the characters rigged (Unity compatible)
2- Locations (like rooms , ..etc)

Can adventure creator help us to make these animations? 

Please check a sample of the result (made on Maya here):

Please note that we can accept losing some of the features on the above animation in order to be able to finish the 100-200 animations on time.

Comments

• AC has a cut-scene system which lets you switch cameras and play custom animations in order. You can test whether Unity will accept your anims by exporting separate components as FBX from Maya and dropping them into a Unity project folder. The default settings USUALLY work ok but you may need to tweak things.

Unsure why you want to use Unity/AC instead of Maya. You don't say you need the animations to be interactive or have, say, user driven story outcomes. If that's the case then AC could do that also if you set up the scene logic to do so correctly in your cut-scene.

The render you show appears to be rendered in MentalRay but obviously Unity renders on your GPU so whatever you want will need to be carefully tested.

If you have 100+ animations to make I don't think you are going to get a 'quick fix' by learning a new tool but you know better than I how your project will be structured.
  • Hi Xidore, 

Thank you very much for your answer.

The reason that I am thinking of Unity/A.C is that I am assuming that:
    a) it will accelerate the production
    b) give more flexibility in future modifications.

Am I right?

Thanks 
  • You didn't say whether you are after interactions.

I'd say Unity won't do any more on both a) and b) counts if you are JUST making animations. There is no reason why Unity is better than Maya from these standpoints.

If you need interactivity later on then perhaps setting up in Unity/AC will be worth it.