Forum rules - please read before posting.

"Character: Face direction" action sometimes not working

To explicitly control the facing direction of my character when he interacts with hotspots I put the "Character: Face direction" action on top in most of my Action Lists. However, unless I check "Is instant?", sometimes the action doesn't run. Instead it just jumps straight to the next action on the list, even though I have checked "Wait until finish?".

If my character is already standing at the hotspot marker and is then ordered to interact with the hotspot again, the "Face direction" action seems to run fine each time. Also, if I set "Player action" to "Do nothing" instead of "Walk to marker" on a hotspot, the "Face direction" action seems to run fine each time too.

The error only seems to occur if he has to walk some distance first to get to the marker. Whether the "Face direction" action runs successfully or not SEEMS to depend on which direction the character was coming from before reaching the marker, but I'm not totally sure if this is true.

I'm using AC v1.67.0 and Unity v2018.2.10f1.

Let me know if you need screenshots of anything?

Comments