Forum rules - please read before posting.

2D Scene to 3D scene

Unity Ver: 2018.2.2f1
AC Ver: 1.66.8

Hello,

Currently all my game scenes are 3D.

What I'd like to do however is to start my game with some simple 2D screens which would just show an image and some text as a way of story introduction, and then transistion to the 3D scenes and gameplay.

When I created the project I declared it to be a 3D one. Does this prevent me from accomplishing the above? Would I be better to use non-AC scenes for this sort of simple UI stuff?

Thanks!

Comments

• You can set the camera perspective per-scene via the top of the Scene Manager, before you organise the scene objects.

• Hi @ChrisIceBox

I'm going to need a bit more guidance. I can't see any perspective option at the top of Scene Manager:

Also, I cannot assign a camera to the scene settings. If I click 'create' next to the default camera AC informs me a first person camera will be used.

• Made some progress! Simply I made a default Unity camera in the scene and tagged it 'MainCamera'. The scene runs with AC functionality and seems to show the UI objects I setup.

• I can't see any perspective option at the top of Scene Manager

The "perspective override" options only show before you convert the scene to an AC one. You can still access the fields manually via the GameEngine's SceneSettings component, however.

Also, I cannot assign a camera to the scene settings.

The first-person camera will be used in normal gameplay when the Movement method is set to First Person. You can change the movement method at any time using the Engine: Manage systems Action, however - see the Manual's "First-person movement" chapter for more.

• Hey @ChrisIceBox I'm going to need a little more info as to where the perspective override is. If I create a fresh new scene (so no AC structure has been decided) I see this:

Still not seeing any perspective options in the Scene Manager!

• Ah, my mistake - apologies.

This option is hidden if the Movement method is set to First Person, since the game must be in 3D for that to work.

You can temporarily switch this to None to show it, and then use the Engine: Manage systems Action in the scene's opening and closing Cutscenes to switch between this and first-person mode at runtime.