Forum rules - please read before posting.

Camera fades don't complete and keep the screen partially black?

Hi there! I am new to Unity and experimenting with building basic UI elements for the game my friends and I are planning on making in the summer. I have worked with other game creation tools in the past, but since I am new to Unity, I will probably be asking a lot of stupid questions haha!

Something I'm struggling with right now: making the screen smoothly fade to black between screen transitions.

Here is what my screen looks like currently. It fades a little but gets stuck at this value instead of fading in entirely.

This is what my OnStart cutscene actions look like:

I have attempted putting the fade action at the top before the menus load, but when what happens is that my game menus appear before the fade finishes, and then the title menu suddenly pops on after the fade. I have also tried every combination of checking and unchecking "wait til finish" or "force complete transition"--in many cases, the fade just doesn't fade at all and everything pops on screen instantly. What I want to happen is for the Title menu to be on screen before the fade in happens, so when the fade happens, the menu is already a part of the screen we're fading into. Basically I want everything to load onto the screen BEFORE we fade in, so we don't see any hiccups.

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @ambattii.

While AC can certainly cater to Unity newcomers, I do recommend brushing up on Unity's basic concepts if you haven't already. AC still leverages Unity's graphics, animation and UI systems, so it's important to be aware of how those systems work before involving a separate asset such as AC.

You're involving a menu named "Title", which isn't part of the default interface. You haven't shared information about it, but I suspect that you've set it to pause the game when it's enabled.

Since the camera fading effect occurs in "unpaused" time, it won't be able to complete if the game is paused by the time that Action runs.

Make sure that you have Pause game when enabled? unchecked in the "Title" menu's properties. If you want to prevent the player from clicking on Hotspots / NavMeshes etc while it's displayed, you can use the Engine: Manage systems Action to disable the Movement and Interaction systems during this time.

If the issue remains with it unchecked, please share more detail in the form of screenshots of your menu's properties, as well as your AC/Unity version numbers.