Forum rules - please read before posting.

Could AC be causing my Mac build to crash on launch?

So my already released game seems to be crashing on all Mac systems after a recent update. (AC version 1.66.0)

I posted about this here, and someone said it maybe due to a 3rd party native plugin (Is AC that?)

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54996099/unity-macos-build-crashing-with-sigabrt-error

I also noted that in the Script execution order, there's no mention of Adventure Creator (Is it supposed to be there?)

There's only Unity Standard Assets at -1001 and Anima2D at -100, both before default time.

Just wanted to make sure this isn't because of AC? Thanks!

Comments

• AC has no built-in special requirements so far as the Script Execution Order goes.

I can't see any mention of AC in the logs, and its mainly developed on Mac. Did you update Unity at the same time? What Unity version are you using?

• Unity version is 2017.2.0f3 (both AC and Unity versions have been left un-updated for the past few months, with no issues)

• Btw, the only major change I did before this issue was to add a Global Variable that saves to Options Data. This means it's loaded up at the start of the game right? (Before the splash screens?) The fact that the game crashes in the beginning and started happening after this change makes me suspicious that the variable could be involved (It had to do with changing input methods) This could be a cause but then it'd probably affect all platforms, not just mac right?
    I'll update this post with pics soon.

• both AC and Unity versions have been left un-updated for the past few months, with no issues

So you were using an old AC version for several months, and then updated to v1.66.0 before seeing the problem? What version were you previously using?

the only major change I did before this issue was to add a Global Variable that saves to Options Data.

What kind of variable? This shouldn't pose such a problem, since AC has default options that are loaded regardless in the same manner. However, a quick-and-dirty way of confirming this would be to unlink the variable from Options Data in a duplicate project and test that on a Mac.

• Sorry for the late response - yeah I doubt this is an AC issue as I tried unlinking AC from the project etc. Haven't found a solution yet but it's probably not AC. Thanks for taking the time out and answering this :)