Forum rules - please read before posting.

Motion Controller integration - Direct Control

Hello everyone, I would like to know if someone was able to integrate Ootii Motion Controller with AC, I searched for a while on the internet before write in here, finding just a couple of posts in question, but nothing that has helped me that much. Currently I use the direct control of the player, I followed to the letter the guide written by Chris, but when I try to make the character walk he starts to rotate on himself like a dancer XD

Comments

• What integration script have you been using? This one?

At what point does he start to turn? When he moves under direct-control, or during e.g. an AC cutscene / along an AC path?

Please share screenshots and AC/Unity version numbers so we can see what's going on.

• edited March 2019

Hi Chris, i'm using latest version of AC and Unity 2018.3.5f1 and that script you shared in your comment, but now while I was trying to set up the controller to make screenshots and show them it seems to work in part, the only real problem is that when I pause the game while the character play an animation continue to move.
    Here a video, i'll remove in a few days:

• What's your Motion Controller version, and is your Pause menu set to pause the game when enabled? I cannot recreate such behaviour.

Try this small tweak:
    http://pasteall.org/1528977/csharp

You're likely best off contacting Ooti for support on this. When AC pauses the game, it sets the Time.timeScale value to zero - which should result in no motion from MC.

• My motion controller Version is the latest, and the pause menù is already set to pause game when enabled, seems a pretty strange problem, i'll try to contact ootii too.
    Now i have one more problem, to let MC work with AC i have to set up under player Animaton Engine to custom and Motion Control to Manual, but in Manual i'm not able to let the player spawn following player start direction. How can i solve it?
  • Thanks Chris for the tweaks but the player still moving while i'm pressing pause menu button.
    About the player start it works in part, giving me the exact position and rotation of player start arrow but locking the animator, now if i keep pressed movement buttons the player moves doing max 2 or 3 small steps then it stops:

• As the movement is handled by MC, you really will need to contact Ooti for further help with this.

• I see, i'll do. Many thanks
  • I had to start a c sharp course on Udemy to learn the basics of programming and lucky me i've solved in part, just using a coroutine on Start, heres the code, its not perfect but can be a trick for those who don't need to pop up player instantly:

http://pasteall.org/1535019/csharp

About the problem which let the player slide following the direction of animation while we press pause button i've solved it in a worst way (but at least works), just "forcing" the animator to play idle animation when i press pause.

If someone would like to help would be a good thing for all those users using AC + Ootii Motion Controller :blush: