Forum rules - please read before posting.

Not working Character: Move along path

Hi,

I set in Actionlist Character: Move along path to my NPC, I created path too, but it's not working. After I interacted with NPC, the NPC turn forward path, but he doesn't start to move on the path/way (animation is working). So I don't understand why.
I didn't set NavMesh, because I put box colliders on the way. NavMesh need to work it?

Movement: First Person
Unity: 2018.3.0f2
AC: 1.66.7

What could be the problem?

Comments

• A NavMesh is required for pathfinding - colliders will only prevent a Direct or First Person-controlled player from moving through walls.

Moving a character along a pre-made Path, however, should be fine.

Is it possible that the NPC is colliding with anything? Is your Console reporting any errors.

Please share screenshots of the problem - the NPC's Inspector, the Action you're running, and the scene layout.

• Yes, I didn't make NavMesh, because I work with pre-made Path.

When I created the pre-made Path, I put the 0 Node of Path to my NPC. And after I set the other Nodes of Path.

Is it correct, or should I put somewhere the pre-made Path? (Of course I put it in Actionlist,under Character M......)

• edited March 2019

What is your "Pathfinding method" set to, at the top of the Scene Manager?

Try temporarily disabling your NPC, and dropping in the Demo game's NPC, Brain (from /Assets/AdventureCreator/Demo/NPCs). Hook him up to the same Action - does he move OK? If so, there'll be an issue with your NPC - not with the navigation or Path.

Please also provide the screenshots I've asked for.

• Same settings on my NPC like on Brain.

I've tried Unity Navigation and after Mesh Collider too.

• For example the Object: teleport is working with my NPC and a marker.

Maybe what is the wrong with my path? or with the Actionlist?

• edited March 2019

Maybe what is the wrong with my path? or with the Actionlist?

That is what I am trying to determine through screenshots. I don't understand your reluctance to share screenshots. Please provide them.

Try also checking "Teleport" in the Action, and also try baking a NavMesh using the steps outlined in the "Unity Navigation pathfinding" chapter of the Manual.

• Yes, it works with Brain. So my actionlist is good. So my NPC is not good, but I can't understand where is the mistake:( I made my NPC with character Wizard.

• Let's see screenshots.

• Unless your character's animation relies on root motion, uncheck "Root motion" in the Animator component.

• Works! You're genius man! Really Thank you!