Forum rules - please read before posting.

Dialogue/subtitle UI fails in AC1.66.8 and 2018.3.5 in clean project

Using AC's own FP player in a clean project, all menu elements work including Hotspot UI, except subtitles/dialogue, when clicking on NPC.

Hotspot capsule collider and Physics collision (Default/Default) check out, so I'm clueless.

Comments

• The player / movement settings are unrelated. You can test the Dialogue: Play speech Action manually by placing it in a Cutscene and clicking Run now in its Inspector at runtime.

Does your Menu Manager include a Subtitles menu with a SubsLineLabel element?

• "Does your Menu Manager include a Subtitles menu with a SubsLineLabel element?"

Yes, and their text shows up in the Menu Manager test window. But if I walk up to an NPC in play mode, there's no text when I click an option on the Hotspot UI.

Been using AC routinely since the Unity5 days with success. I'm not sure what I'm missing now, but it has to be something. An interference with the multiple AI assets I'm using perhaps...

• edited February 2019

OK I figured it out, it was my own issue with the "Choose Hotspot Then Interaction" / "Cycling Menu And Clicking Hotspot" / "Cursor Over Hotspot" mode.

The Interaction icons were crowded up in a way that I couldn't click the Hotspot. A newbie error, my bad, and that's what the Walking Dead interaction style was designed for.