Forum rules - please read before posting.

2D character sprite ignores nav mesh - but Brain works

Following the 2D tutorial, I created a nav mesh with some holes, imported Brain_IdleD as the player character, used the wizard to make him the player character, and he navigates just fine around my scene.

When I reproduce those exact steps with a different sprite (same size), she completely ignores the starting point and nav mesh. (Yes, I know it's Alex from Oxenfree, she's just temp for prototyping purposes)

The only visible difference I could see is that the Character Wizard put the girl's circle collider and other gizmos in the middle of her sprite rather than at her feet (which is where Brain's is). I offset the y but this did not solve the problem.

I just tested it with a third random sprite and it also ignored the nav mesh and starting point.

Please help :( sorry, and thanks! I'm new to this. Unity 2018.3; AC 1.66.4

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/EIJnK6n

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @prince_lir.

See the note in the Manual's "Character animation (Sprites Unity)" chapter: you must ensure that the character's feet are at the position of the root GameObject. This can be done by setting the sprite's Pivot field point to Bottom in its Inspector.

The CircleCollider2D should also be at this position - you'll need to clear its offset as well.