Forum rules - please read before posting.

2D game crash with 3D elements

Hi,

My project is in 2D. I incorporate 3D elements. Like falling stones, spaceships, etc.
Some scenes are entirely in 3D (battle spaceships) but I still use the AC menus for the actionlists, dialogs, etc.
And the point'n click part is full in 2D (still with small 3D elements).

After build, the game falls into error when in the settings manager the "camera perspective" is in 2D and there is a 3D element on the screen.

If I switch the camera perspective to 2.5D or 3D, the characters no longer have access to the navmesh but the game does not crash.

This completely blocks my project at the moment.

The error:
UnityPlayer.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module UnityPlayer.dll at 0023:69728873.

Read from location 00000000 caused an access violation.

Any help would be great please.

Comments

• Update:
    Full 3D scene is working fine with 2D perspective camera set in the setting manager.
    But with different cameras in the scene than for the point'n click part.

So maybe the game camera script that generates the error

• I redid a project from the beginning and I do not have the error anymore.

• I suspect that this is a Unity error, perhaps one even specific to your system. What platform are you building to, and does this occur when testing in the Editor?

Though changing AC's camera settings affects the behaviour, there's nothing there that should cause a crash.

If the new project was just a test, and you're looking to fix it in the original project, I'd advise trying it in a more recent version of Unity (with a backup/dupliate project). Be sure to upgrade AC beforehand, however.