Forum rules - please read before posting.

Error when creating a build of the game - 'List' could not be found.

edited February 2019 in Technical Q&A

Hi,

I'm trying to create a build of my game and I get this error:
error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'List' could not be found. Are you missing 'System.Collections.Generic' or `Boo.Lang' using directive?

This happens on each custom Action that has parameters. Error starts with the first line of this:

override public void AssignValues(List<ActionParameter> parameters)
        {
            myParameter= AssignFile(parameters, parameterID, constantID, myParameter);
        }

The problem is that each of these actions is already using the System.Collections.Generic, but it still throws an error. Here's a full list of the namespaces:

using UnityEngine;
#if UNITY_EDITOR
using UnityEditor;
using System.Collections.Generic;
#endif

I used Action Template for all of the actions. The game works fine when playing it in Editor, but I get the errors when trying to build it - all errors are the same, start on the AssignValues line.

I never updated Unity or AC since I got both, any ideas what could be causing this?

AC Version: 1.65.2
Unity: 2018.2.18f1

EDIT:
I've swapped around the Systems.Collections.Generic and moved it above #if UNITY_EDITOR, so now it looks like this:

using UnityEngine;
using System.Collections.Generic;
#if UNITY_EDITOR
using UnityEditor;
#endif

And it seems to be working?! Is there something else I should have done, or is "if it works, it works" scenario?

Comments

• No, that's correct - AssignValues is called at runtime, so it needs access to the library at all times.