Forum rules - please read before posting.

PointTrigger2D for any object with Component

Hi!

I found PointTrigger2D on the the Fandom Wiki, which sounds exactly what I was looking for, but I can't seem to find a way for the trigger to find "any object with component". Basically, as far as I can tell, the PointTrigger2D can be affected only by one, specific object. Is there any way to make it have an effect on any object with a component, similarly to a usual AC Trigger?

Simply looking for a way to have a trigger run a Cutscene after any of the possible characters walks into the trigger, not just one.

Comments

• Is there any way to make it have an effect on any object with a component, similarly to a usual AC Trigger?

No, but you could add a separate instance of the component for each character. Otherwise, using the official Trigger2D would be the way to go.

• edited February 2019

I have a lot of characters in my game, and ideally I would need the trigger to work with all of them.

Adding a separate instance of the component for each character might be easily overlooked and lead to bugs.

I guess using the official Trigger2D would be a better option, but I'm wondering how much of a performance effect it would have, if each character had a Rigidbody2D on them? I'm guessing it could have quite an impact, as otherwise all NPC characters would have Rigidbody attached by default?

• "A lot" can mean many things, but its true that Rigidbody2D components can have an impact on performance - particlarly on mobile.

The techniques between the two Trigger scripts are different - but you can still adapt the PointTrigger2D to check through an array of objects.

Try this:
    http://pasteall.org/1512428/csharp

• Thank you! Instead of making multiple instances of the same script, I can just add characters to the array on this one instance. This should do the trick.

Thank you once again!