Forum rules - please read before posting.

Menu scene question

Hi friends,

I need your advices:)
I have one scene now, where is my gameplay, and I would like to make a Main Menu scene for my main menu. I created title menu screen based on Chris manual in my gameplay scene.

I created an empty scene for my Main Menu scene. What should I do next step? Should I start AC Game make wizard?

Thank you for your advices!:)

Comments

• The New Game Wizard should be used once per-project - not per-scene. It is used to generate the Managers that will store your project settings and data.

Tutorials on creating title menus can be found here. Once made, you can have it display with a Menu: Change state Action in a new scene's OnStart cutscene - see the end of the tutorial.

• Yes, I did it. And it works. The tutorial is detailed and prefect. Just I would like to put the "New game menu" into another empty scene, because I would like make 3d objects in the background to my "New Game Menu" scene.

In "OnStart" cutscene, If I change the scene name to menu scene(what is empty, that scene contains only a Main Camera) name, after Play, I see only Main Camera without menu. So I can't figure out what should I do?:)

• edited February 2019

See the Manual's "Integrating other gameplay" chapter - you can't use any of AC's systems, including its Menu system, without a GameEngine in your scene.

This is added via the Scene Manager's "Organise scene objects" fields - click either With folders or Without folders to generate it.

• Thank you, I created folders in my empty scene and put OnStart and now it works:)

Thank you again!