Forum rules - please read before posting.

Visibility is not being toggled on a new load

edited February 2019 in Technical Q&A

When I load a new save file, the visibility of the current showing object is remembered.

This is how the Remember Visibility Component is setup. (If image is not showing > https://i.ibb.co/R9gyD7Q/1-E186-F4-F-A47-D-4568-A27-E-4-AECF1428-A14.png

The Hierarchy is something like this
Parent
....First Child
........imageObjectOne < Remember Visibility Component Attached
........imageObjectTwo < Remember Visibility Component Attached

Edit: After testing it a bit more, it only happens when I load a save file just before entering a new Cutscene. So I have a scene where the player needs to click on a hotspot to enter an cutscene. It is a full screen hotspot, so the player can open pause menu (which is hidden by the full screen [image] hotspot) and then click on the hotspot.
So instead of starting the cutscene immediately, the player is greeted with the pause menu from where they can load a save file. If they load a save file from there, the visibility of objects after loading the save file is not properly toggled on and off.

I know I can just disallow players to load a save file at that point, but is it possible to have it so that such edge cases load the game correctly?

Comments

• (which is hidden by the full screen [image] hotspot)

Was there supposed to be another image linked here?

I'm afraid I don't follow your explanation. You say its visibility is being remembered - why should it be toggled, and how is the pause menu underneath the Hotspot?

Please elaborate with full-screen screenshots, or - even better - steps to reproduce the issue.

• I'm trying to create a small test build for you to test. Will update as soon as I have that done

• So I figured it out.
    The whole error (and the menu showing behind the hotspot) was because of a missing icon.

Sorry.