Forum rules - please read before posting.

Trying to show the 'main graphic' of an inventory item on a menu graphic

edited February 2019 in Technical Q&A

Unity Ver: 2018.2.2f1
AC Ver: 1.66.2

Hey folks,

I'm wanting to access the main graphic of an inventory item and show it on a menu graphic via script.

I've done this previously with the altlabel of an item like this:

//Access the item in the inventory runtime LIST and extract its altLabel
        (AC.PlayerMenus.GetElementWithName("SelectedItem", "SelectedItemLabel") as AC.MenuLabel).label = KickStarter.runtimeInventory.localItems[InventorySelection.activeInventorySlot].altLabel;

However I'm having trouble figuring out what the access / types should be for the main graphic. For instance I've tried:

//Access the item in inventory and extract it's graphic
        (AC.PlayerMenus.GetElementWithName("SelectedItem", "SelectedItemGraphic") as AC.MenuGraphic).graphic = KickStarter.runtimeInventory.localItems[InventorySelection.activeInventorySlot].tex;

However visual studio is complaining that it "can't implicty convert type 'UnityEngine.Texture' to 'AC.CursorIconBase".

Could someone clue me into the correct things to use in this instance?

Thanks!

Comments

• The MenuGraphic element's "graphic" variable is of the type CursorIconBase - see the Scripting Guide's entry fot this class here.

However, you can update the element's texture with the SetNormalGraphic method, i.e:

(AC.PlayerMenus.GetElementWithName("SelectedItem", "SelectedItemGraphic") as AC.MenuGraphic).SetNormalGraphicTexture (KickStarter.runtimeInventory.localItems[InventorySelection.activeInventorySlot].tex);

• @ChrisIceBox Thanks Chris. I need to do some more learning regarding types and the like!

That's working great.