Forum rules - please read before posting.

Movement limitation not working with Point and Click and with NPC following (?)

Hello all,

I'm kinda new in Adventure Creator. I'm creating a came in which all characters should move ONLY in the four directions, as in the old Pokemon games.
I'm using "direct" moving method and I limited the movement to "four directions". It's working all good, but now i need to make a NPC following the player.

My problem is:
The NPC is moving as there are no movement limitations, he is not using the four directions "grid".
The same issue happen if I try to use Point and Click movement Method.

Is there a way to force ALL the characters to move in the four directions in any way they are moving?

I hope it is clear enough. I don't know how to post a video, but i can share some screenshots about my "Scene" and "Setting" inspector, and about my NPC Inspector.
https://imgur.com/a/86D5TAc
Here they are.

I thank everyone for the help

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @Bonez.

Perhaps the Settings Manager's field should be more clear - the Movement limitation field only relates to Player movement, and is showing because your Movement method is set to Direct. If you change this instead to Point And Click, then it will disappear - since the limitation option does not affect pathfinding.

Achieving such movement is possible through custom scripting, however, by writing a custom pathfinding method. See the Manual's "Custom pathfinding" chapter - you would need to write a GetPointsArray function that returns an array of points from A to B using horizontal and vertical lines only.