Forum rules - please read before posting.

Speech volume issue

Hello,
I'm using AC 1.66.1 + Unity 2017.1.f1 for a 2s graphic adventure.
I associated manually speech to my character (using this script http://adventure-creator.wikia.com/wiki/Auto-assign_custom_speech_audio)
It's all right, but I found a little issue when I try to regulate the speech volume from the options menu. If I try to turn down or up the sppech volume, nothing happens, but, when I turn up or down the sfx volume, it turns up and down the sfx and also the speech volume, like if the this volume controls both the sound (sfx and speech).
Is there a way to associate them correctly? When I imported the wav. file for speech I can't remember to use something where I can tell to AC that thery are speech file and don't sfx files (when I use sfx files, I use a audio source + sound script and in that case I can tell to AC that they are sfx sound type, but I can't understand where I can make the same thing for speech sound).
Thank you very much.

Comments

• It should be automatic. That your speech audio is associated in the Speech Manager does away with the need to set the sound type manually.

Are you relying on Audio Mixer Groups for your audio playback? If you open up your Options menu, are the Speech and SFX volume sliders correctly linked to the Speech and SFX volume options?

• Hello Chris, thank you. I checked: on settings manager, in audio settings, I have Audio Sources, while on the options menu, SpeechSlider is connected to Speech Slider affects and SFXSlider is linked to SFX Slider affects, so I think they're ok.

Maybe I solved, but I don't know if it's correct way: I see on my character there's a sound script that it was set on SFX. I tried to set it on speech, and now, speech volume and sfx volume in the options menu seem to be correct. But, when I turn up or down speech volume, all the sounds linked to the character turn up and down, above all the walk sound. Is that correct? Thank you very much.

• Unless you assign a Speech AudioSource in your character's Inspector, speech audio will be played on the character's root.

In either case, the object that plays speech audio should not have a Sound component. Speech audio volumes will be corrected automatically.

Walk/run etc sounds should be coming from a child of the character's root, and assigned as the character's SFX Sound child.

• ok, thank you very much