Forum rules - please read before posting.

Help OR Feature Request: Lip-Syncing for 3D and 2D

edited October 2014 in Engine development
Any way we can request a lip-syncing feature that would allow us to assign animations to words that begin and end with:
Wo, Fa, Ent, INT, ING, etc....

That would be a neat feature. I am currently using Reallusion Iclone 5 to create 3D-to-2D Rendered images and the lip-sync feature that it has is incredible and would add some awesome effect to my game if I can sync those animations in AC. This may already be possible. I printed the manual and looked through it, but I Didn't see it there or in the tutorials. Any help with this situation would be great! Thanks!

Comments

• Currently the only lip-syncing feature that comes with AC is the one that Tin Pot uses in the 3D demo - a simple bone rotator based on the current speech audio volume.  Since there's plenty of directions to take such a feature, I feel it'd be better to let a dedicated system or asset handle the work, rather than a "tacked on" job within AC's core.  If there's any such asset out there, there'd be more chance of it having AC integration.
  • EDIT: Unless you're talking about Character portraits, of course - that'd likely be better done within AC's core.