Forum rules - please read before posting.

Problem with Fade Animation on GUI

edited February 2019 in Technical Q&A

I've ran into a weird problem with GUI.

I'm trying to set up Fade animation for when GUI is turned on/off.
I have created four states for the GUI, just like it's mentioned in the Manual:

Each animation is really basic:
OnInstant - it's just one frame with the GUI being visible
On - GUI slides in off screen to it's position
Off - GUI slides out from it's position to off screen
OffInstant - single frame with GUI being off the screen

The GUI itsefl is set up like this in AC Menu Settings:

What happens is whenever I do Menu: Change state and Turn Off/On with Fade? ticked on the GUI just disappears/appears instantly. I have exactly the same set up for one of the other GUI's but the other one is animating just fine.

I can't find a reason for this being an issue. Are there some very specific circumstances where this set up would not work?

Comments

• You still need to set a non-zero Transition time (s) value. Regardless of whether animation is used or not, the Canvas will be disabled after that time when the Menu is turned off.

• Hmm, sadly this has no effect on the GUI at all - it disappears as soon as I run Menu: Change state.

On my other GUI the Transition time (s) also has no effect, but the animation plays as expected regardless of what transition time I set.

• You'll need to set the time value to match the duration of your On/Off animations, which are assumed to be the same length.

If you open the Animator window for the Canvas at runtime, are the On/Off animations bypassed completely in favour of OnInstant/OffInstant?

• Perfect. It was a matter of matching the time value on the Transition time(s): to the animation length. Both are now set to the same thing and it works as expected.

Thank you!