Forum rules - please read before posting.

Linking popup values

I am trying to do something that feels like it should be possible, but I'm unclear on how to do it. I would like to have multiple popup variables that pull from the same set of values. In other words, suppose I have a list of all available characters in the game, and I would like to have different variables, that represent different things, that each have a different character as its value. As an example, let's say I had this list of characters:

• Bob
  • Frank
  • Suzy
  • Ed

And I wanted to have different popup variables that referenced those values, such as:

• FirstSeen = Bob
  • LastSeen = Suzy
  • Favorite = Suzy
  • LeastFavorite = Ed

Is it possible that I can setup multiple popup variables that pull from the same set of values? I don't want to have to add a new value to each of those variables each time I add one, and I really need to be able to reference that same list within code.

Thank you for your help!

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @danfrias.

PopUp values are independent - you can't share the labels with another automatically. Through coding, however, you could have a simple script that updates the labels from a "base" PopUp:

private void UpdatePopUpLabels (int toVarID, int fromVarID)
    {
        GVar fromVar = KickStarter.variablesManager.GetVariable (fromVarID);
        GVar toVar = KickStarter.variablesManager.GetVariable (toVarID);
        toVar.popUps = fromVar.popUps;
    }

Except when you're looking to display a PopUp in a Menu, they are chiefly a convenience tool. A PopUp variable's value is still a simple integer, index-linked to a string array. If you're going down the coding route, you could leave your variables as integers, and have a custom script to convert them into a string based on a shared array.