Forum rules - please read before posting.

Unity UI menu not responding

I am having trouble setting up a Unity UI pause menu. I am using a controller and all the menus and buttons work fine with AC menus when paused, but do not respond when using Unity UI with controller or keyboard when paused. I am unable to scroll or select the first button.

The buttons are all linked with canvas prefabs.

As a test I created a new scene without AC and with the below Event System and the UI works fine with a controller and keyboard but I had to add a scene button as first selected when using a controller. So it is not an input issue I think.

Added the above EventSystem as a prefab to AC, but that made no difference.

Directly-navigate menus when paused is checked

Any help would be appreciated. Using Unity 2018.3.2f1 AC 1.66.4

Comments

• Check that your Resume button on the prefab has a Constant ID value that matches the recorded in the Menu Manager (263816).

You shouldn't have to supply an EventSystem prefab unless you're needing a special control system. Unset it from the Menu Manager, and make sure there isn't one in your Hierarchy to prevent AC spawning its own.

Is the Resume button highlighted when the Menu turns on? What is the state of the AC-spawned EventSystem at this time?

• Yay got it working! The ID numbers were indeed different. I ended up trashing the prefab and created a fresh new menu and all working now. Thanks !