Forum rules - please read before posting.

Linear color space issue

Since updating to Unity 2018.3.2f1, all my images using the AC menus, hotspots, inventory, cursors and document icons have a washed out faded look. If I am using a Unity UI Prefab the images look fine and they were working fine before the Unity update.

I am using Linear Color Space rendering so I am guessing something is happening at runtime? Not really sure about these things, but I get much nicer colors and lighting with linear. I prefer to use AC menus than Unity UI Prefabs if possible only because they are quick and easy to set up

Using AC 1.66.2

Any help would be tremendous. Thanks.

Comments

• My guess is that Unity have made a change to the OnGUI rendering system in Unity 2018.3.

AC relies on OnGUI calls to draw "AC" menus, but it isn't doing anything special with regards to texture display. I'd expect that displaying the same texture through a standard OnGUI call as per Unity's Manual would result in the same issue.

This may be a Unity bug, or to do with some Graphics setting or Texture import field. You may find others with the same issue on the Unity forums - I don't believe this is specific to AC.

It is recommended, however, to switch to Unity UI once you have prototyped your interface with AC.

• I have tried the import settings , bypassing sRGB color texture, makes no difference. Must be a Unity bug then.

I'll be moving to Unity UI prefabs eventually so no big deal. Thanks for your reply and insight. Much appreciated.