Forum rules - please read before posting.

Cannot find translation

Hi there,

I have a problem:

I always get the error "Cannot find translation for ... because it's Line ID was not found in the Speech Manager."

I think I tried everything there is to try:
Add Scene to build, gather text several times, tried different Unity versions etc.

I even set up a complete blank project with Adventure Creator, did the basic steps, like New Game Wizard etc., then I tried to just translate the AC options menu and even then it didn't work. When I switch the language I always get this error.

The gathered lines are displayed correctly under "Speech" and I can enter the translation but everything leads to this error.

Help?! :-)

Comments

• Welcome to the commnunity, @psy89.

From the steps you've given, it sounds like you should be fine. I'll need more details to try to find where the problem lies.

What kind of line is it you're having trouble with? A speech line, spoken by whom?

Is this occuring for all lines, or just one in particular? How many translations have you created, and which one are you getting this behaviour with?

If the line is listed in the Speech Manager, then the Dialogue: Play speech Action should also list that line's ID number - is this the case?

Please share full-screen screenshots showing the Action, the Speech Manager (showing the options, and the line's entry), and the Console when this occurs. I'll also need to know your Unity and AC version numbers. Thanks.

• Hi Chris,

What kind of line is it you're having trouble with? A speech line, spoken by whom?

With every line/text... Menu elements, speech lines...

I created one translation. Even in a complete blank project where only Adventure Creator is installed it shows that error.

I'm using Unity 2018.3.0 and AC 1.66.2.

The Dialogue Play speech actions also shows the correct ID.

Here are some screenshots:

• Thanks for the details - I'll attempt a recreation.

• Recreated.

I have submitted a v1.66.3 update to address this, but in the meantime you can remedy it by opening RuntimeLanguages.cs, and replacing its LoadAssetBundle function with the following:

public void LoadAssetBundle (int language)
    {
        if (!KickStarter.speechManager.autoNameSpeechFiles ||
            speechLinesDictionary == null ||
            speechLinesDictionary.Count == 0)
        {
            // Only reset if necessary
            speechLinesDictionary.Clear ();
            foreach (SpeechLine speechLine in KickStarter.speechManager.lines)
            {
                speechLinesDictionary.Add (speechLine.lineID, new SpeechLine (speechLine, language));
            }
        }

if (KickStarter.speechManager.useAssetBundles)
        {
            StopAllCoroutines ();
            StartCoroutine (LoadAssetBundleCoroutine (language));
        }
    }

• Thanks very much!!!!!! It works!

It's a real pleasure to design a story driven game with Adventure Creator, thanks for this great asset!

• Hello everyone. We ran into the same even though our translation is there, in place. I checked the whole script, and nothing. For some reason this only shows when hitting "play" in other than the default language.
    https://imgur.com/a/SpbAN5a
    The funny part is that I don't recall having this problem.
    Latest AC.
    Thanks!

• Can you post the Console message in full - stacktrace included?

• Hello!
    I will post only four out of 35+ (we have almost 1000 lines but the problem apparently are in 35+). Let me know if this is what you needed. Thanks.

Cannot find translation for 'Costa' (line ID = 788)

-> AC debug logger
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning (object,UnityEngine.Object)
    AC.ACDebug:LogWarning (object,UnityEngine.Object) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/ACDebug.cs:33)
    AC.RuntimeLanguages:GetTranslation (string,int,int) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Speech/RuntimeLanguages.cs:356)
    AC.RuntimeLanguages:GetTranslation (string,int,int,AC.AC_TextType) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Speech/RuntimeLanguages.cs:379)
    AC.Char:UpdateLabel (int) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/Char.cs:4127)
    AC.Char:OnChangeLanguage (int) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/Char.cs:3552)
    AC.EventManager:Call_OnChangeLanguage (int) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/EventManager.cs:1736)
    AC.Options:LoadPrefs () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Options/Options.cs:172)
    AC.Options:OnInitPersistentEngine () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Options/Options.cs:51)
    AC.StateHandler:Initialise (bool) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:113)
    AC.KickStarter:SetPersistentEngine () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/KickStarter.cs:182)
    AC.KickStarter:Initialise () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/KickStarter.cs:1138)
    AC.MultiSceneChecker:Awake () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/MultiSceneChecker.cs:45)

Cannot find translation for 'Milagros' (line ID = 562)

-> AC debug logger
    AC.ACDebug:LogWarning (object,UnityEngine.Object) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/ACDebug.cs:33)
    AC.RuntimeLanguages:GetTranslation (string,int,int) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Speech/RuntimeLanguages.cs:356)
    AC.RuntimeLanguages:GetTranslation (string,int,int,AC.AC_TextType) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Speech/RuntimeLanguages.cs:379)
    AC.Char:UpdateLabel (int) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/Char.cs:4127)
    AC.Char:OnChangeLanguage (int) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/Char.cs:3552)
    AC.EventManager:Call_OnChangeLanguage (int) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/EventManager.cs:1736)
    AC.Options:LoadPrefs () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Options/Options.cs:172)
    AC.Options:OnInitPersistentEngine () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Options/Options.cs:51)
    AC.StateHandler:Initialise (bool) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:113)
    AC.KickStarter:SetPersistentEngine () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/KickStarter.cs:182)
    AC.KickStarter:Initialise () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/KickStarter.cs:1138)
    AC.MultiSceneChecker:Awake () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/MultiSceneChecker.cs:45)

Cannot find translation for 'Main Character Left' (line ID = 351)

-> AC debug logger

Cannot find translation for 'CostaSilhouette' (line ID = 787)

-> AC debug logger
    AC.Hotspot:UpdateLabel (int) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Logic/Hotspot.cs:1285)
    AC.Hotspot:OnChangeLanguage (int) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Logic/Hotspot.cs:1273)

Cannot find translation for 'Milagros, my nextdoor apartment neighbor, and a hardcore tango dancer. ' (line ID = 1281)

-> AC debug logger
    AC.Hotspot:UpdateLabel (int) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Logic/Hotspot.cs:1285)
    AC.Hotspot:OnChangeLanguage (int) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Logic/Hotspot.cs:1273)

• Recreated, thanks - I'll look into a fix.