Forum rules - please read before posting.

Player doing a 50% walk/50% run animation on both walk and run actions

We are using AC v1.65.2. Our humanoid player is doing something like a cross between walk and run, on both the walk and run actions. We’re using the point and click movement method and not using the Root Motion on the player’s animator.

The goal is to single click a location and the player would run, but a double click would make them run. If you double click a location while the player is walking, the blend tree created should make the transition to running appear seamless. I can provide screenshots if needed.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @DreamJob.

Yes, please provide screenshots of your Player's Inspector, Animator, and Settings Manager.

There aren't separate "Actions" for walking/running, so I'm assuming you're not referring to AC's Action system, rather just commanding the player to move through single/double-clicks on the NavMesh.

This sounds like it's to do with the way your animations are set up to respond to the Animator parameters. If you're not using Root Motion, the first thing to do would be to check if the player is walking/running at the correct speed. Here I'm talking about movement across the scene, not the playback speed of the animations. These walk/run speeds can be adjusted in the Player's Inspector.

Once you're satisfied with the physical speed of the Player, then take note of the "Move speed" float value in the Animator when walking and running. You should then just need to adapt your Blend Tree so that the walking animation plays fully when "Move speed" is at the walk value, and vice-vera for the running animation.

• That was it, I forgot to adjust the movement settings in the Player script. I appreciate the help and quick response!

• edited January 2019

The acceleration and deceleration also needed to be adjusted to make the blending smoother. Thanks again!